Traduire

Bags of garbage

The photos of bags of garbage on this blog do not magically appear. I fill the garbage bag up in 15 min. to an hour and take the bag to be picked up by the city. Most garbage comes from little bits everywhere that add up to one large bag when collected into a group. Photos height and width (March 26, 2024) now match original.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The good, the old rock wall

In my previous photos you may have the impression the place is terrible, it is not.
I have removed all the small garbage items of plastic. I did not take before pictures, but I have run out of those plastic bags from the grocery store that we all keep.

I wonder about the history of the land. In the Google photos of the parks you can see lines. These lines are rock walls. I presume a farmer some time in the past piled the rocks there. Erosion where the land reaches the river, tells me the river level used to be much lower, so I don't think it has been a "wetlands" for long.

A mystery is the City sewer system kind of pipes on the land. When were they put in place?

The train bridge was built in 1882. Île Bigras railway crossing. There is a camera on the bridge. I don't know if the camera is watched.

Back to the rock walls.

first rock wall going west from Rue Riviera Park
rock wall on the river
Second wall on the trail
Picture of the river and the train bridge up ahead

Joaquim Serrano photo from http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/21411875.jpg

Third rock wall looking south. It opens to a large area . In spring time this is underwater and ducks rest here. It also has something quite bad, but this is supposed to be a good post so I will not name it.

Third rock wall looking west towards the bridge.

No comments: