Traduire

Bags of garbage

The photos of bags of garbage on this blog do not magically appear. I fill the garbage bag up in 15 min. to an hour and take the bag to be picked up by the city. Most garbage comes from little bits everywhere that add up to one large bag when collected into a group. Photos height and width (March 26, 2024) now match original.

Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29 , 2013

On top of "Entropy"
Entropy or stairs? Fallen stones/masonry





Oil seeping into the river.

Oil at distance

Location of oil on shoreline


Two bags of garbage collected from shoreline

At Cap-Saint-Jacques Nature Park I cleaned the shoreline near the spot I called "entropy". "Entropy" is a old wall corner that has been abandoned by the maintenance of the park and has fallen down. I thought it was "bad" sign, then I saw people using the rock-pile as stairs to get down to the water and thought differently. The original "proper" entrance to the water is totally overgrown with trees and bushes. If it was my property I would have cut down the trees-bushes at the entrance to the shoreline. It is unsafe to walk down that pile of rocks, but no one sues anyone successfully in Canada so the owners have no financial loss if someone gets hurt.

UPDATE: August 16, 2013 I was in the area today and saw someone putting up warning tape, in an attempt to keep people away from the edge to the ten foot drop off and "Entropy". A big tent is in place so I think they are expecting a large crowd for some event.
October, 2013 the authority at Cap Sr Jacques is keeping up the fence stopping people from reaching the edge. A good thing it is fenced off, with the numerous young children who play in the nearby open field and could fall down.

No comments: