Traduire

Bags of garbage

The photos of bags of garbage on this blog do not magically appear. I fill the garbage bag up in 15 min. to an hour and take the bag to be picked up by the city. Most garbage comes from little bits everywhere that add up to one large bag when collected into a group. Photos height and width (March 26, 2024) now match original.

Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14, 2012

I went to the rusted engine in the bog/swamp again this morning. The pistons are seized from BOTH sides, the up and down. I was thinking it was just the visible topside that was rusted. I tried the sledgehammer with a piece of steel in the cylinder to smash it down and out, but the pistons don't budge a bit.So the crankshaft is stuck as it is rusted to the connecting rods that go to the pistons. I collected all the metal bits I took off and smashed off and threw them out. I am/was surprised by the amount of cast iron in the engine and how fast the cast iron rusts once exposed to the air.
I am going to have to move the engine as it is now.

Maybe I will try one more time, but I have to set the engine up in a better position to hit the pistons. It should come out, shouldn't it?

No comments: