Traduire

Bags of garbage

The photos of bags of garbage on this blog do not magically appear. I fill the garbage bag up in 15 min. to an hour and take the bag to be picked up by the city. Most garbage comes from little bits everywhere that add up to one large bag when collected into a group. Photos height and width (March 26, 2024) now match original.

Friday, May 11, 2012

May 11, 2012

The Blogger interface is from HELL. As usual it puts the last photo I upload as first instead of last. The opposite of what I want.
Anyways I showed up today to take out the bolts holding the engine crankshaft on. When I first arrived I thought "This is not going to work. Look how rusted they are!" I tried one half heartedly and gave up. Then I picked a random bolt and said to myself lets give this my best try. IT WORKED! I got one bolt off! Once I got one bolt off I knew I could get others off. I was happy removing and taking photos. I finally finished removing all the bolts. The crankshaft is still stuck. It might come free if I hit it with the sledgehammer , so I have to bring it back again. I took off another pound off the weight of the engine I guess, as I took off 4 of the 5 half circles the bolts were holding on.

 My secondary mission was successful as well. I moved the three used car-truck tires out of the bog-swamp closer to the trail for future pick-up. I disturbed the two ducks hanging out, but that's life.
 I also found some leftover metal scrap that ants were using as shelter. Sorry ants the garbage has to go.

On the pathway one of the rocks that cross the trickle of a stream in the bog needed fixing . It was loose, I nearly fell in when I stood on it, so I put a smaller rock under one side. A while later a young man on a bike crossed using the rocks. If I had not fixed that rock would he have fallen in? What would happen then in that stream of time? When you do a proper job nobody notices, is the old joke.
10 bolts removed and 3 of the 5 metal half circles off.




First bolt removed!

First bolt removed viewed up close




No comments: