Traduire

Bags of garbage

The photos of bags of garbage on this blog do not magically appear. I fill the garbage bag up in 15 min. to an hour and take the bag to be picked up by the city. Most garbage comes from little bits everywhere that add up to one large bag when collected into a group. Photos height and width (March 26, 2024) now match original.

Saturday, May 7, 2016

May 7, 2016

No photos today. I did not bring my camera.
Late this afternoon, I went to the western edge of Whitehorse/Rapids du Cheval Blanc woods for the first time this year.
Also visited Parc Des Arbres, the park that is further west, on the other side of the train tracks.
The monkeys have been busy making a mess.
In Whitehorse, at one spot (that used to be a favorite of mine) they used spray paint. Spray paint is UN-cleanable, specially off of a tree. So the monkeys have won the destruction of that location for the next twenty years or so. They don't want to be forgotten? Why did they do the vandalism?

My thought is they want-need you and I to be angry, like they are angry. Misery loves company.

After my survey of all the garbage I decided on just taking out the (unbroken) glass bottles I found.

Some of the roofing tiles in the Whitehorse park (I have made note of here on the blog) might have been picked up because I found several piles of roofing tiles with numbers painted on the, presumably for some ones game. Looking at it optimistically , the pile must be smaller now.

Other people who walk the woods, walk the woods with their dog, do not pick up any of the garbage from what I could see.

I found two portable metal pole chairs (in protective garbage bags?) next to a recent campfire with four empty cans of beer. The first rule besides never leaving a fire UN-attended is to not leave anything behind. Double fail.

The river water level is still high, but the water in the two bogs/swamps is low. I expected the wetlands to be flooded but both are open to walking on the  trail. The insect population is still low. I did not need any repellent. The frogs in the wetlands are calling for their mating season. The birds are singing for their mating season and territory.

As I was leaving some monkeys had arrived were starting to have a camp-fire party. With an axe.  They brought cans , and not bottles thank goodness.

3 comments:

christine said...

they're marking their territory with the spray paints and shingles. I was in there last week. what a disappointment to see their little gang hangout all defaced! I also notice that they've been burning the forest floor for fun, last week it still smelled of fire. If they pull that shit during the dry summer we may have a catastrophe on our hands. Again, thanks for your hard work. I do it too, on the eastern shore near the little beach.

christine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mark p.s.2 said...

Hello Christine I will delete your last comment to keep it from web-spamers. Yes we will connect on Facebook.