Traduire

Bags of garbage

The photos of bags of garbage on this blog do not magically appear. I fill the garbage bag up in 15 min. to an hour and take the bag to be picked up by the city. Most garbage comes from little bits everywhere that add up to one large bag when collected into a group. Photos height and width (March 26, 2024) now match original.

Friday, July 24, 2020

July 24, 2020

I went to Whitehorse rapids /Rapids du cheval blanc and cleaned the shoreline near the official park. One standard black garbage bag was filled. No photos because I forgot my camera. I found the usual garbage of used/discarded fishing line from fisher-fools and Tim Horton coffee containers and beer containers. I found four or more brand new fishing hooks on the shoreline that I put in a used beer can so no one gets stuck. Of NOTE: I recovered two intact glass beer bottles ( one large, one small) that were in the river , recovered BEFORE they broke on the rocks. Many Canadian geese are in the area now. I accidentally scared away a grand Heron when doing the cleaning on the western side. He/she was hunting for fish or frogs that are on the shoreline. Surprising to me , the river level height has increased during the past days that I was away.

No comments: