Traduire

Bags of garbage

The photos of bags of garbage on this blog do not magically appear. I fill the garbage bag up in 15 min. to an hour and take the bag to be picked up by the city. Most garbage comes from little bits everywhere that add up to one large bag when collected into a group. Photos height and width (March 26, 2024) now match original.

Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014

I went to the western edge of Whitehorse/ChevalBlanc rpaids woods. I went with the intention of taking out the stolen telephones, my primary mission. Lots of mosquitoes, my DEET repellant once applied , repelled them.
As I had commented before, the plants are growing tremendously and I got lost for a while looking for the telephones location. I underestimated how deep, or far north they were in, in this section.
Nature photo

Nature photo

I was surprised this trail was still underwater.
Along with losing their location, I also forgot how heavy the telephones are. I had built a new container for my bike and doubted it could carry the weight. I settled on taking the telephones to the trail for later pick up. I will take them one by one with my regular milk-box container, a much stronger container.
Ants were living in one of the telephones are they were not happy of the move.
During my travels of the park I found three adult turtles.
Turtle 1

Turtle 2

Turtle 3
_______________________________
Garbage. Some less than intelligent school child dumped their school papers in two locations, less than intelligent because their name is all over the evidence. I cleaned it up for them.
Whitehorse woods. I cleaned this up.

Schools OUT! Whitehorse woods, same as above photo but close up.

Garbage at the entrance to Des Arbres park. I cleaned this up.

Park Des Arbres https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.513819,-73.844512,3a,75y,21.7h,81.66t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s4_-0SrK261wc4oSIymcAqA!2e0

I also took out a plastic chair and three metal bars. My new container was full. I took it all to Brook park. My cameras battery was out of power so I could not take a photo of the full container going into the city container.

No comments: